Palm Sunday, April 2 7:45 am Eucharist in the Chapel 8:30…
A Celebration of the Life & Words of Martin Luther King Jr.
A Live Reading of MLK’s Powerful
Letter from a Birmingham Jail
Monday, January 17th (MLK Day) at 10 am
On the steps of St. James’s Episcopal Church
1205 West Franklin Street
No ticket required. Parking garage. Some seating available. Masks strongly recommended.
Can’t be here? Livestream at doers.org.
Re-live a landmark moment
in the fight for civil rights.
- Rev. Dr. J. Lee Hill, Jr. – Missioner for Racial Justice & Healing for the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia
- Larry Clark – President Central Richmond Region and member of St. Philip’s Richmond
- Cantor Sarah Beck-Berman – Cantor at Congregation Beth Ahabah & B’nei Mitzvah Coordinator Beth Ahabah
- Levar M. Stoney – Mayor of Richmond
- Mrs. Mae Shields – Member Spring Creek Baptist Church in Midlothian. Marched, arrested and jailed during the Children’s March May 2-3, 1963
- Dr. Lisa Edwards-Burrs – St. Paul’s Catholic Church and member of St James’s Parish Choir
- Ms. Bella Smith – Member of St. John’s Episcopal Church Richmond