Dear St. James’s Families:
We hope this letter finds you and your family well. We are very excited to share with you the Children and Youth Ministry offerings at St. James’s for the 2020-2021 program year. We are extremely grateful for the many faithful people who contributed to this new design. All of us at St. James’s are committed to supporting and nurturing the spiritual well-being of your entire family. Please reach out to us if there’s anything we can do for you.
Children and Youth Ministry for 2020-2021
We hope all families who consider St. James’s their church home will register their child online so we can be good shepherds of our flock. Please Register your child/youth for 2020-2021 Children and Youth Ministry offerings by September 15, 2020. This will tremendously improve our ability to communicate effectively even if you’re already in our church membership database.
Children’s Ministry (Birth through Grade 5)
- Baptism: Baptisms will be offered for individual families in a private service and will be scheduled directly with clergy. Gatherings will be limited to 20 and face covering will be worn.
- Children’s Chapel on Sundays: We will offer a children’s chapel liturgy each Sunday for children of all ages. It will include the Gospel reading, a brief children’s sermon from our clergy, and favorite songs lead by Dr. Whitmire. *
- Storytime at Home: Sunday Storytime is a curated list of books to read with your pre-school aged children. It will come with a parent information sheet which offers guided questions, a Bible verse, and a highlighted character trait.
- Godly Play Videos: Godly Play is a curriculum for young children that helps them learn and visualize stories of the bible and liturgy. Volunteer Godly Play storytellers will share stories with props. Godly Play parent page will be available on-line. This will allow families to watch on your own schedule and discuss the story together. Our Godly Play curriculum is offered to children age three through 1st grade and is also offered as a supplement to older children.*
- Sept. 20 The Church Year
- Oct. 4 Holy Bible
- Oct. 11 Holy Family
- Oct. 18 Creation
- Oct. 25 The Flood and the Ark
- Nov. 1 The Great Family
- Nov. 8 Exodus
- Nov. 15 The Ten Best Ways
- Nov. 22 The Exile and Return
- Dec. 6 Advent I & II
- Dec. 13 Advent III & IV
- Bible Stories: Our curriculum for older children in grades 2 through 5, Growing in Faith, has wonderful bible story lessons. We will offer one bible story each month with opportunities for children and families to Watch, Read, Pray, Serve, and Do. Families will be able to engage with these materials at any time as works best for their schedules.
- Sept. 20 Welcome video
- Oct. 4, 11, 18, 25 Creation
- Nov. 1, 8, 15, 22 Exodus
- Nov. 29 Dec. 6, 13 Advent – Gift of Jesus
- Gatherings for Children: We will also offer facilitated monthly Zoom meetings or Google hang-outs for children and their parents to connect with their peers. Details will be provided on an on-going basis.
- Outreach and Mission: See the Family section below for more information.
* All videos and materials will be available on the St. James’s website www.doers.org for families to use/watch as best suits their schedules.