Click on the arrow to choose to see the calendar as a list, by the day, the week or by the month.
- This event has passed.
Youth Mini-Mission with Harvest of Hope
July 16 - July 18
Current 5th-8th graders will again partner with the organization Harvest of Hope to learn about the issue of hunger and how we are called to assist our neighbors in need.
- Come work in the fields harvesting crops as we partner with Harvest of Hope to “glean” crops to donate to local food banks
- Gleaning is a practice that comes from the Old Testament as a way of helping those in poverty or struggling with hunger
- For COVID safety, we’ll do this as a “Family-based” experience where youth will sleep at home and parents provide transportation and can join in the gleaning too
- We’ll have team gatherings throughout the weekend for fellowship, education, and worship
- Older youth unable to attend the Appalachia mission are welcome to participate in the Mini-Mission
- COST = $20 per student and $20 per parent
- Contact Mary Beth Abplanalp – firstname.lastname@example.org