St. James’s Whitlock Legacy Society honors stewards who make financial provisions for the future of this parish. The health and well-being of St. James’s is built upon the generations of saints in our community who have left a legacy intended for the long-term benefit of the church. You can become a member of the Whitlock Legacy Society by naming the St. James’s Endowment Fund, Inc. in your will or legacy gift. Once you make known your intention to St. James’s, you will become a member of the Whitlock Legacy Society. Your name will be added to the list of the Whitlock Legacy Society members unless you prefer to remain anonymous.
Some options available for legacy giving include:
- Bequests are made by naming St. James’s Endowment Fund, Inc. as a beneficiary in your will or codicil.
- Life Insurance policies may name St. James’s Endowment Fund, Inc. as beneficiary and as the owner for which you pay the premiums.
- Charitable Gift Annuity guarantees a fixed annual payment to the donor or designee for life in exchange for the donor’s transfer of a certain amount of cash or securities to the church. The asset is an immediate tax deduction and a part of the income may be tax free.
- Charitable Remainder Trust allows the donor to transfer appreciated assets to the trust and receive a charitable income or estate tax deduction. The income is paid to an individual beneficiary for a term of years or until death at which time the assets are passed to St. James’s Endowment Fund free of estate taxes.
- Retirement Plan Benefits and IRAs designating the St. James’s Endowment Fund, Inc. as beneficiary will pass funds to the Endowment Fund free of income tax and estate tax
If you have not notified us of your plans, we would greatly appreciate your letting us know. If you have questions or need additional information, contact Ryan Corrigan, Director of Development, at 804-355-1779, ext. 335. Additionally, if you wish to make provisions to contribute specifically for endowment in a will, trust or other giving vehicle, the specific tax ID for St. James’s Endowment Fund, Inc. is: 83-2821776.
As parishioners of St. James’s, we are called to live as Doers of the Word worshipping God and serving others to build Christ’s Kingdom. As we add to the foundation of our church to benefit future generations and uncharted ministries, we practice meaningful stewardship of all that God has bestowed upon us.
We are deeply grateful to Whitlock Legacy Society Members who have shown their devotion to St. James’s and their faith in this parish.