Journeying the Way of Love in Advent First Week of Advent: Saying “Yes” to the…
Holy PEEPS® Project 2022
St. James’s Episcopal Church, Richmond, VA
Children and Youth are invited to get a shoe box, some Easter Candy, and a bit of imagination to create a diorama of a Bible story or liturgical action featuring PEEPS candies. The idea of this Lenten project is to inspire our children and youth to have fun exploring Bible stories and Episcopal liturgy by creating a diorama for our entire congregation to enjoy in an art exhibit during Holy Week.
Yes, it’s a contest! Yes, there will be prizes!
- Open to all children and youth. Family help at home is encouraged.
- Dioramas should illustrate a Bible story or liturgical action (i.e. baptism, wedding, etc.).
- Dioramas should be made in a standard-size shoe box.
- All characters should be represented by a PEEP. You may also use non-perishable food items, craft supplies, and items found in nature.
- Include a small index card with a title, which will be displayed with your diorama in the exhibit. Be sure to include your name and age or grade in a discreet (or hidden) location so that it can’t be seen during the contest.
- No advance registration necessary. Bring completed dioramas to church on Sunday, April 3.
- The Holy PEEPS Art Exhibit will be in the Michaux House from Palm Sunday, April 10, through Easter Sunday, April 17.
- Voting is open to everyone from 8:30-10:00 a.m. on Palm Sunday. Winners will be posted following the 10:30 worship service on Palm Sunday.
- The categories include: Best use of Materials, Funniest, Most Creative.
- One winner per category will receive bragging rights and a prize!
Questions? Contact Ashlee Ligon, Interim Director of Children’s Ministry, at [email protected]