Want to participate in one of the largest 10Ks in the country? Want to train with a FABULOUS group of people, for FREE?
We’ve got an idea for you: Come out and run with the St. James’s 10K Training Team! The training team had such a good time with the ½ marathon training that we will continue by gathering on Saturday mornings for a group run again in preparation for the big event on March 29th. Training will begin on Saturday, January 18th and run through race day.
There is likely to be a pace group for you, so you’ll have folks cheering you on and people to be with during the run itself. And you don’t have to be a runner- we’ll have a walking option as well! So let Rev. Ann Dieterle know if you’re interested. It would also be helpful to know:
- What is your average pace?
- As a runner, would you define yourself as novice, intermediate, or advanced?
- What time works best for you? (7:30 am or 8 am)
On a related note, we will be having a health & wellness expo on Saturday, January 18th from 8-10:30. The Expo would feature:
- A fitness assessment (BMI, Body Fat %, push up test, etc.)
- Nutrition tips & “smoothie shots”
- The chance to interact with a personal trainer
- And the opportunity to register for a 6 week boot camp @ $60.
Send Rev. Dieterle (email@example.com) an email if you’d like to register for the training team or the expo. Or just show up the day of training!