The Youth Ministry at St. James’s is so much more than just a “youth group.” We help engage 6th – 12th graders, and their families, in all aspects of church life in addition to providing service projects, programs, and retreats specifically for youth.
Mission and Values
St. James’s Youth Ministry loves and supports our youth through joyful Christian Community so that they may explore a relationship with Christ, find their identity in God’s love for them, and serve God as Doers of the Word.
- Community – We develop and celebrate friendships.
- Love – We love others as Christ loves us.
- Acceptance – We welcome and celebrate all, as members of the body of Christ.
- Faithfulness – We are grounded in God’s love and seek to grow in faith and service.
- Fun – We embrace a playful environment.
The youth ministry depends on the generosity of adult volunteers who serve as role models for our youth and help make these many programs a reality. If you’re an adult who feel called to work with youth or support the youth ministry from behind-the-scenes, Mary Beth would LOVE to treat you to a cup of coffee and help find the right fit for you. You can also complete a Youth Ministry Volunteer form.
Youth Ministry Leaders
MARY BETH ABPLANALP
Director of Youth & Young Adults
(804) 355-1779 ext. 334
Mary Beth Abplanalp (staff)
Current Newsletter: Today’s Youth May 2018
- Today’s Youth April 2018
- Today’s Youth Mar. 2018
- Today’s Youth Feb. 2018
- Today’s Youth Dec. 2017
- Today’s Youth Oct. 2017
- Today’s Youth Sep. 2017
- Today’s Youth Apr. 2017
- Today’s Youth Jan. 2017
- Today’s Youth Dec. 2016
Other Important Emails
- Apr 25, 2018: 5th Graders & Youth Ministry Volunteers Appreciation
- Mar 21, 2018: March for Our Lives
- Feb 28, 2018: Youth Ministry Survey
- Feb 1, 2018: Youth Sunday and Summer 2018
- Jan 10, 2018: Summer Preview Review
- Jan 3, 2018: SNOWFEST!!! Part 2
- Dec 13, 2017: SNOWFEST!!! Part 1
- Dec 1, 2017: Carols & Cookies
|Other important information about Youth Ministry|