The Youth Ministry at St. James’s is so much more than just a “youth group.” We help engage 6th – 12th graders, and their families, in all aspects of church life in addition to providing service projects, programs, and retreats specifically for youth.
Mission and Values
St. James’s Youth Ministry loves and supports our youth through a joyful Christian Community so that they may explore a relationship with Christ, find their identity in God’s love for them, and serve God as Doers of the Word.
- Community – We develop and celebrate friendships.
- Love – We love others as Christ loves us.
- Acceptance – We welcome and celebrate all, as members of the body of Christ.
- Faithfulness – We are grounded in God’s love and seek to grow in faith and service.
- Fun – We embrace a playful environment.
Youth Ministry for 2020-2021
- All 6th-12th graders register here for information and participation in the St. James’s 2020-2021 Youth Ministry
- Confirmation Registration 2020-2021
- Universal Permission Form 2020-2021
- Church Virtual School – On Mondays-Thursdays middle and high school virtual learners are welcome at church while they attend their online classes with the company of friends, adult supervision, and social distancing.
Youth Ministry Schedule for September & October 2020:
Mondays-Thursdays 8:00-4:30: Church Virtual School open
September 27: No Youth Groups. Families are encouraged to participate in Servant Sunday.
October 4: JYF & SYF 10:00-10:45 AM (Blessing of the Animals & Creation Care)
October 6: Confirmation Parent Meeting 5:00-5:30 pm
October 11: JYF & SYF 10:00-10:45 AM (Doubting our Faith; When bad things happen)
October 13: Confirmation Session One (1 of 2) 6:30-8:30 pm
October 18: JYF & SYF 10:00-10:45 AM (Love God & Love Neighbor, Talking about racism); Confirmation Session One (2 of 2) 6:30-8:30 pm
October 25: JYF & SYF Halloween Party 10:00-10:45 AM