A few things you should know to make your visit to St. James’s as easy and as comfortable as possible.
- Even though we’re an urban church, we have plenty of parking right across the street in our free four-story garage.
- We’re in our Summer Service schedule now through September 5th. There’s a short service at 9 am in our Memorial Garden and a full service at 10 am in the church. Both services include communion
- If you attend the 10 am service, Nursery services are available from 9:30 to 11:30. The 9 am service in the Memorial Garden is right next to our playground.
- During our regular programming year, there’s an active adult learning and children’s formation program that goes on between the services. It’s on hold right now, but you can find more information here.
- You can also attend our online services at 8 am and 10:30 am. Same liturgy, same sermon, same music and prayers. But all on your computer or phone screen. Go to doers.org/live, Facebook (St. James’s Episcopal Church, Richmond) or YouTube.
- Many people here like to dress up for church, but we encourage you to wear what’s comfortable for you. Some of us wear suits and dresses, others wear jeans.
- Sit where you like. There are no assigned seats.
- As for communion, if you receive communion in your home parish, you’re welcome to receive it at St James’s too.
- For directions to the church, go here.
- To see more of what we believe, go to: www.episcopalchurch.org/what-we-believe/