Deciding to join a church is a big decision. If your discernment leads you to choose St. James’s as your church home, there are a few important things you should know:
- First and foremost, we are delighted you have chosen St. James’s and we look forward to walking with you on your spiritual path.
- If you’re ready to be confirmed as a member of St. James’s (and by extension, the Episcopal Church), the easiest way to get things started is to contact a member of the clergy. He or she will help you with the next steps.
- For some people the next step is taking a class that teaches you essential things about both St. James’s and the Episcopal Church. When you complete the class, you can be received into the church.
- For other people the options include simply transferring your membership from your previous Episcopal church.
- Finally, whether you’re a member of St. James’s or not, you’re always welcome here.