We are a lively community of faith striving to serve God as “Doers of the Word and not hearers only.” At St. James’s you will find a church where God is present, where God’s love is active, and where God’s Spirit is always calling us to follow Christ. There is much to be thankful for in this life, and there is so much to be done. Come and join with us as we share in the life of faith and work together to be the body of Christ.
Some resources that might be useful to get acquainted are linked below:
- Parish Resource Guide – all programs and ministries listed with contacts
- Spring Program Schedule – all meetings, programs and study groups with dates and time
- Email series – sign up for interest areas or regular news
- Directions to St. James’s
To live as Doers of the Word worshiping God and serving others to build Christ’s Kingdom
- To proclaim the good news of God in Christ
- To seek and serve Christ in all persons
- To strive for justice and peace among all people
The fulfillment of Christ’s Kingdom on earth
Program year schedule (Labor Day – Memorial Day)
- 7:45 A.M. • Holy Eucharist, Rite I
- 9:00 A.M. • Holy Eucharist, Rite II and Children’s Chapel
- 11:15 A.M. • Holy Eucharist Rite II (1st & 3rd Sundays) or Morning Prayer Rite I (2nd & 4th Sundays)
- 5:00 P.M. • Jazz Mass (First Sunday of every month)
Wednesday (Labor Day – Memorial Day)
- 5:30 P.M. • Evening Prayer
Summer schedule (Memorial Day – Labor Day)
- 8:00 A.M. • Holy Eucharist, Rite I
- 10:00 A.M. • Holy Eucharist Rite II
- 5:30 P.M. • Jazz Mass
Are you interested in learning more about life of St. James’s and joining us officially? Attend two back-to-back sessions – one Wednesday evening followed by one Sunday morning – for fellowship, worship, and basics about life and membership at St. James’s. The next Newcomers Class sessions will be held in January 2020. Learn more and register here.
Our Welcome Ambassadors are a group of involved and committed “St. Jamesers” who are eager to share their knowledge of and passion for our community with you.
Newcomers will be matched with an Ambassador for a low-pressure connection to someone to help you navigate and get to know the church itself, the programs and the people at St. James’s.
If you are a newcomer and have not yet been contacted by one of our Welcome Ambassadors, please get in touch with Laura Strickler. If you are a current parishioner who would like to join this special ministry to share your enthusiasm for St. James’s with newcomers, click here.
We would be delighted to know you better. If you’re interested, too, please fill out this simple form.